Recipes

Sunday, September 28, 2008

So Many Things!!

Wow, I feel like I haven't been on here for weeks and its only been about 36 hours.
First...the wedding! It was so great seeing so many of my friends from UNH. We were all staying at the same hotel so we had a little fun pre and after party there! The wedding ceremony was beautiful. I don't know what it is about weddings but I definitely get choked up. Jess (the bride) was loosing it during her vows and her groom had a tissue to dry her eyes...it was so cute. She looked beautiful. Here is the happy couple as they walked down the aisle after the ceremony.
We then headed over to the Glen Manor Estate for the reception!
(that's Brian on the right side of the pic). This place was gorgeous, unfortunately I didn't get a good look at the grounds (its on the ocean too), because it was raining and my straightened hair was already curling. Here's all the champagne glasses with raspberries waiting for toasting time! I didn't get any pics of the passed appetizers because #1 I was starving and they went straight from the trays to my mouth, and #2 I was already trying to balance my drink and purse while trying to eat apps, so getting a camera involved was just not happening. However, they were serving... mini phyllo cups with brie and raspberry sauce, mini beef wellingtons, chicken on a stick that you dipped in a chutney then in toasted coconut, mini pizza's, and scallops wrapped in bacon! They were all yummy...then it was dinner time!


The salads were already on the table waiting, it had some yummy candied pecans, Gorgonzola, and a sliced poached pear.
For entres, Brian and I almost always get 1 of each option so we can eat half then switch! The first was a chicken francaise with puff pastry hearts.

The second was tenderloin in a sauce Merlot. Both served with mashed potatoes and a grilled veggie stack held together with a sprig of rosemary. Both options were simple, but really good, and really well prepared.
The rest of the night was DANCE DANCE DANCE!! It was really really fun...we were dancing the whole night. I was getting sweaty almost from it all...thank god too because that was my exercise for the day.

This was the beautiful cake (the "ribbon" was actually a pink/purple color). I actually didn't even have a piece!!! I was too full from dinner, and pretty full til the end of the night!


Along with the cake, there were frosted sugar cookies with their monograms on them.


The evening flew by, but at least we all hung out at the hotel for a little bit afterwards. I can't believe its all over! I have lots more to post about...breakfast, family bday party, and beer fest...but I think I'm going to fall asleep with my head on laptop...so I'm going to go to bed :) Walking with some friends in the Liver Walk tomorrow morning. A little 5 mile walk to support the cause for Liver Disease (one of my friends sisters has it). I NEED some exercise!!

Back tomorrow with more weekend recaps!






7 comments:

  1. Your dress is so pretty!

    The food looks great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what an INSANELY spectacular wedding ceremony - wowza!!! Gorgeous photographs.

    By the way, I will be at my dance showcase ALL DAY today, so I will probably not be able to comment on your next post - I apologize in advance!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful wedding.

    Great dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dress! you look gorgeous!

    The wedding looks like a lot of fun! Glad you enjoyed yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful wedding! your dress is gorgeous! the food looks wonderful, too.
    glad you had a good time- i love dancing the night away at weddings :D
    hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Newport wedding! Beautiful. I always lose my bananas at weddings.

    I love your dress, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The site for the wedding looks like a fairytale! I'm with everyone else- I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete