Recipes

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Happy Saturday Everyone

This is probably the first weekend in a long time that my schedule is not jam packed with things to do...and it feels kinda nice! I tend to make plans whenever I have a spare moment, but sometimes it's nice to just slow down for a few.


Last night had dinner with mom at California Pizza Kitchen....after dropping my engagement ring off to be sized. It was sad saying goodbye for 2-3 days...my finger feels weird. Dinner hit the spot...we split a grilled veggie salad and one of their new buffalo chicken pizzas.



The salad had warm grilled veggies (eggplant, asparagus, corn, zucchini) and sun dried tomatoes with a balsamic vinaigrette. The pizza had grilled chicken, carrots, celery, mozzarella and Gorgonzola...served with a Gorgonzola ranch dressing. Not the healthiest pizza, but I only had 2 pieces and their pizzas are small. I also have leftover salad and pizza for later today!

This morning I busted out some pancakes from the freezer that I had made about a month ago...they are multi-grain pancakes and they are awesome. I always make small sand dollar size pancakes...so I had 5 small ones...2 not in the pic (already eaten). I had them with a peach and a small cup of plain Chobani yogurt with a little drizzle of real maple syrup! I LOVE maple syrup.

Yes a couple had a few choc. chips in them :)

Off to two hours of dance class!!

2 comments:

  1. So exciting about your engagement ring!!

    YOU'RE A DANCER?!?!??!?! ME TOO!!!!!!! I'm full-time, and getting ready for competition soon :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought to freeze pancakes, but that is a great idea! Dinner last night looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete