Recipes

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Are you ready for some Football??

First Pat's game!! They won (of course)...:)

So last night I was down in Newport, RI visiting my friend who's getting married at the end of the month. She and I and two other UNH friends went to an amazing restaurant called Fluke. They have lots of small plats on the menu...very condusive for sharing...which I LOVE (if I could get a sampler plate at every restaurant I go to I'd be the happiest person ever). A few of the amazing items we had were a Vegetable Napolean:




Chimmichuri Chicken with a yogurt herb dipping sauce:




And tempura green beans with a soy dipping sauce:



Those are just a few of the items we ordered but they were all amazing!



Tonight I made some Carrot Cupcakes for a co-workers birthday tomorrow...but I used the recipe from Ellie Krieger's cookbook "The Food You Crave", so they aren't quite as bad as a normal recipe. I love how Ellie doesnt just take out all the fats or use sugar substitutes...she just lowers the sugar and oil, adds applesauce, and uses mostly whole wheat pastry flour. I made 1.5 batches and used the extra to make mini cupcakes for the roomate and fiance :)

The batter ready to go in the oven







The finished cupcakes topped with orange scented cream cheese frosting...and my mini cupcake next to the full ones! YUM!!

2 comments:

  1. First off, I love your header photo is beautiful :) Love the berries! Second- Yayyyyyy Pats! I am thrilled they won but I'm nervous about Tom :(. That meal out looks awesome! I love to sample lots of different foods too! I have made Ellie's cupcakes before and LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yay for my first real comment haha (not counting sketchy comment from my first post). Yeah its going to be a sad season if Tom's not around :(

    ReplyDelete