Recipes

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Breakfast Blunders

The morning started off great...stopped at Starbucks and got a non-fat cappuccino with 1 pump of pumpkin (way better with just skim milk...the soy + pumpkin was too sweet for me).

Got to work, and temptation got the best of me...I have a real weakness for free baked goods, and someone brought in muffins from Panera...sigh. So I broke out the knife, as usual (I work with mostly guys and of course they always take whole items and I cut EVERYTHING)...and sliced off a little taste of a pumpkin muffin. Pumpkin = couldn't resist. That and the cap. held off breakfast til about 9:45.

Then disappointment...I wanted to try the Kashi instant oatmeal packets, and bought the Heart to Heart kind in the Golden Brown Maple flavor, to which I added a banana and a spoonful of Almond butter.

Looks pretty good right? Well it didn't live up to the hype for me...way too sweet!! The AB helped a little but I could not finish it...definitely going to stick to plain oatmeal that I sweeten myself. Oh well, at least I tried it. Threw out a little over half, and ripped off a little piece of pita bread I packed for lunch and spread some AB on it for the rest of bfast.

I need to get back into the habit of making steel cut oats...so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment