Recipes

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Sampling for Dinner

Dinner on class nights usually consists of many snacks...including whatever samples they are giving out at Whole Foods! After the gym (35min of StairMaster...haven't used it in a while, and some arm work), I make a quick trip to the Whole Foods with an attached Starbucks...could 1 place get any better??? Well maybe if there was some frozen yogurt place attached as well, but I'm not complaining.

Today was better than most...they were giving out samples of 2 different vegan cakes! Frosting and all! The first was carrot cake with "cream cheese" frosting, and the other was a lemon poppy with some sort of "butter cream" type frosting. Both were DELICIOUS! Then I had a couple bites of cheese and finally ended up in the salad bar area to make my little small soup cup with a few bites of things, pay, then head into S-bucks for a Vivano smoothie with 1 shot of espresso...overall a great little dinner.

When I got home I finished up with a few bites of 19th Hole Snack Mix...


This stuff is the Shiz!! Its from Russo's, but I've seen versions elsewhere...different rice and sesame crackers, almonds, honey roasted peanuts, and wasabi peas! Addicting!!

Ended with a juicy plum...a Midnight plum to be exact...
Good night everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for vegan cakes that taste fantastic! :0)

    Oooh, a Midnight plum??? Delish!!

    Happy Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best part about Whole Food are their free samples. Luckily the Whole Foods where I live also had a Gelato bar insdie the store ( my idea of heaven)

    ReplyDelete