Recipes

Monday, September 22, 2008

An off day

Man, the lack of good sleep combined with eating too late last night really screwed up my appetite all day! Also there are a couple sick people at work so I've been downing echinacea tea and Emergen-C packs! The Emergen-C packs are great!! My favorite is the cranberry flavor, and whenever I feel like I might be getting sick I start drinking these and usually catch it before it goes too far. Plus it's a nice alternative to water and only 25cals per pack!
Mid morning snack was an apple, and when lunch finally came around I was really hungry but was not in the mood for ANYTHING I had packed (leftover burrito, with salsa!)...
When in doubt head to Whole Foods right?? You'd think so, and I did end up getting food but nothing was calling out to me, so I bought a little of a few things to decide when I got back to the office.
- a small container of Tomato Eggplant bisque
- a small hot bar container with a few mac and cheese bites and a two bite piece of lasagna (why do I crave bad for me foods when I'm not feeling right??)
- and a small cold food container with some chicken salad and roasted peppers
so random...

When I got back I ended up having a bit of chicken salad, but then went straight for the warm cheesy pasta items...obviously. I also ate a bunch of raw sugar snap peas I brought from home!

It wasn't much but did the trick, and now I have soup, and some chick. salad and peppers for tomorrow!

I really wish I'd wake up too!! What gives?! I need energy for the gym! I need a shot of espresso or something :)

3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I love it! What really caught my eye was that you posted about Red Bones--I'm a senior at Tufts, so you were right near me!

    I can't wait to keep reading and hopefully I'll get some good Boston food (and fun) recommendations!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're not feeling well! Hope the yummy whole food selections made you feel better! I didn't even realize it was the first day of fall until I read your post!

    ReplyDelete