Recipes

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Blah Day

We were supposed to get dumped on early this morning with lots of snow...just in time for the morning commute...awesome. So I decided I was going to go into work late and avoid the traffic. So I wake up only about 30 min later than usual (I wanted to do some on demand exercise and make stove top oats!)...well I look outside and there was a whopping 1/2" inch!!

Oh well I was up, so I threw on a sports bra, HRM, and crappy clothes and headed to the living room for my workout. I did most of the Biggest Loser Cardio Max, part of a 10 min core, and then a cardio dance workout!!! I only did parts of the first ones because I don't have my free weights here (they are at Brian's) and I just didn't feel like I was getting anything out of those segments without the weights. All in all I felt a good burn in my legs (jumping lunges!), and burned 300 cals.

Onto oats:I did a usual combo with a little less water:
  • 1/3 cup oats, 1/3 cup skim milk, 1/5-ish cup water, salt
  • 1/2 banana (wish it was riper)
  • 1 - 2 T ricotta
  • 2 tsp Pumpkin butter
  • 1 tsp of ground flax...first time trying this in the oats...didn't really like the consistency, it made them too grainy...hmmm.
Toppings!
  • Zoe's Honey Almond Granola
  • golden raisins
  • big tsp of Barney Butter
  • big tsp of White Choc. PB (went back for more at end...I didn't like the oats on their own)

Then I got dressed and headed into work.

I have no issues driving in the snow...it just takes some common sense. What I CAN'T STAND is being behind someone going 15MPH!!!!! That's what gets my blood pressure up! Ok enough ranting.

  • Lunch was leftovers from my dinner last night: (dinner pics, no lunch pics)
  • TJ's Chicken and Vegetable Shumai (with the accompanying dipping sauce)
  • Red pepper, zucchini, shredded carrots, garlic...stir fried with a little soy sauce and ground ginger.
  • Yum, yum, yum, yummmmm
The Shumai are like dumplings and the dipping sauce is Out Of This World!! Sometimes I prefer regular soy sauce over some sauces that come with these types of dishes...not this time. It was salty like soy sauce but with a SUPER tang to it!!I had the exact same thing for lunch...just picture it all in a glass bowl :)

Afternoon snack attack: Plain Chobani, 2 slices of canned pineapple (after which I drank the juice...mmm), Zoe's granola.Delicious!!

Well the craptastic weather has turned to rain...which I'm sure will just freeze up nicely overnight.

Off to hit up WF's for dinner with the boy then to his late soccer game (9pm).

RIP Daddy: 11/06/47 - 01/28/07...miss you

14 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful last photo - your father is watching over you for sure, Bridget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmm hope you enjoy that WFs dinner! Awesome picture of you and your daddy! He looks like such a wonderful man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw bridget...You're father is smiling down at his beautiful and successful daughter. He's definitely with you everyday, reading this blog on his heavenly lap top :) Love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your oat toppings are delicious!
    Love the last picture of you and your father! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy oatmeal! I love golden raisins :)

    Know that your father is watching over you, is proud, and loves you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy WFs and I agree, slow drivers = the worst!

    RIP to your dad, such a beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful picture of you and your dad. I'm sure he's very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got goosebumps from that picture, Bridget. I hope your day got better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful photo of you and your dad. after reading that it makes everything else I was going to comment on in you post seem trivial.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great picture of you and your father - looks like you loved each other very much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is the sweetest photo, a really nice tribute. I really hope your day got better. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. really like the photo of you and your dad. thanks for sharing.

    I want to try the TJs shumai...have seen them, but hadnt bought them yet...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sorry for the day. Your dad is thinking of you for sure. :D

    ReplyDelete