Recipes

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Summery Oats and more TJ’s goodies

Thank you guys so much for your comments from my last post…I loved reading them, and you guys are so thoughtful :)

When I woke up this morning I knew I wanted to make oats before heading to the gym for Body Pump

I had a nice ripe banana, and was craving the warm, gooey, almond butter mix!  I also was DYING to try some with PB and that amazing marshmallow cream I have…s’mores oats anyone?  I’ll have to do a full on bowl of S’more’s oats one day, because today I also had fresh berries for my bowl.

It ended up to be a very summery mixture and to top it off I was craving an ICED cappuccino this morning!
IMG_8026

Some of the stars of this breakfast included:IMG_8027

That cereal tastes like a fabulous TJ’s version of Honey Bunches of Oats!  I loved a little crunch in my oat toppings.
IMG_8028

The main nut butter was the raw almond butter, but I had a tiny bit of the White Choc. Wonderful to try it out with the marshmallow cream.  SUCH a good combo!!

IMG_8029

Into the pot this morning went:

  • 1/3 cup each: oats, water, skim milk
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 rip banana

At the end:

  • drop of vanilla bean paste
  • few shakes of cinnamon
  • blueberries
  • 1 sliced strawberry

Toppings!

  • TJ’s honey crunch ‘n oats cereal
  • 2 more strawberries
  • more blueberries
  • dollop of Almond butter
  • tiny bit of White Choc. Wonderful PB
  • spoon of vanilla marshmallow cream!

IMG_8023

Amazing breakfast.

IMG_8022

Enjoyed with an iced latte.  I made a double shot of espresso, poured over ice until chilled.   Added cold skim milk, and foamed up a little milk for the top!  Perfecto.

IMG_8025 

IMG_8024

Iced coffee drinks just oooze of SUMMER to me.  Too bad it was barely 30 degrees today…meh.

After some digesting, I went to Body Pump!  Always kicks my muscles into gear:  felt the burn! 

Sooooo, I went grocery shopping yesterday…by my self.  Yeah, I tend to spend a lot longer lingering and looking around when I have no one else with me.  It was nice, and I found some new things to try. 

TJ’s Whole Wheat Tuscan Pane.  WOW, this bread is fabulous.  Soft, chewy, doughy, whole-wheat deliciousness.  I took a bite, and immediately dipped my next bite in some olive oil…SO good.

IMG_7993

This was on their New Product shelf:  Almond Butter with Roasted Flaxseed!

IMG_7994

IMG_7998

It’s like their regular roasted AB, but definitely a deeper roasted flavor, and more crunch to it with the whole flaxseeds.  I really enjoyed it with a…Jazz Apple!

IMG_7995

After hearing so much about these apples from Tina as well as Stop & Shop commercials for them!?  I jumped on the Jazzy bandwagon.  They are definitely good, but tastes really similar to a Gala apple to me.  Not that there’s anything wrong, I was just expecting to be blown away :)

As you can see I also added a Babybel Original cheese to my snack.  Not that these are anything new, but I hadn’t had them in forever and forgot how GOOD they are!!  Soft, creamy, tangy!  Lots of flavor.

IMG_7997 

P.S. we finally  had a fire in our fireplace!! 

IMG_8000  IMG_8004 IMG_8005     Yay :)

Ok time to make dinner.  I’m making Ellie’s Greek Style Stuffed Peppers.          

5 comments:

  1. Yah! Way to rock the pump chicky! Lurve it- teaching tomorrow morning :) Great breakfast- I forgot to look for that marshmallow cream when I was in WFs- darn it! <3 tjs...so wish we had one here! I am cooking tonight with some of their cuban black beans my MIL brought me- yum! Stay warm <3 ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh now I am craving oats, summer time, and grocery shopping. Instead, I'm eating soup in the freezing cold and doing homework. Woe is me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I'm a berries-at-breakfast girl, regardless of the frigid temperature! Your morning meal looks positively delish.

    I love finding new stuff at TJ's!

    Hope your weekend was relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how Trader Joe's gets new amazing products! I would be in such big trouble with that marshmallow cream, but yours look delish.

    I'm in California, so no need for a fire, but I love sitting by one- so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made Ellie's stuffed peppers before! Well, my sister actually made them, and I just helped eat them...but they are delicious!

    ReplyDelete