Recipes

Friday, January 15, 2010

Mediterranean Ravioli a la TJ’s

When I got home from Hot Yoga last night, it was 7:45, I was super sweaty (which was making me colder by the minute), and STARVING!!! 

Luckily my buddy Joe…Trader Joe, that is, was able to come through like a champ!

I give you:  Mediterranean Ravioli

I grabbed these from the freezer:IMG_7797

And these from the fridge:

IMG_7794

Honeymoon Capers!!  Santorini Capers are AMAZING!

IMG_7796 

Good thing I still have 2 more unopened jars :)

Got my water boiling for the ravioli, and cooked as directed.

I sautéed:

  • about 1 T olive oil
  • 3 small cloves garlic (chopped)
  • 3 artichoke hearts (chopped)
  • 1-2 T sundried tomatoes (chopped)

After a few minutes of cooking I added:

  • some white wine (maybe 1/4 – 1/2 cup)
  • juice from 1/4 lemon
  • 1/4 can of diced tomatoes (had them leftover from another night)

IMG_7800

After simmering for about 5min, I added a few handfuls of baby spinach, and about 2 tsp capers with juice.

IMG_7801

Serve over Ravioli and top with some parmesan cheese!

IMG_7802

so so so so so good!!!  And only took about 15 min from start to finish!

IMG_7804

LOVE Trader Joes :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh- artichoke ravioli's? Josh would be in HEAVEN. I need to ask his mama to bring some of these when she comes to visit. Just fabulous. Love how you added an awesome topping to them! Hope you have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen those ravoli's at TJs before. I'll have to check out that freezer section! That has got to be my favorite store ever. That dish looks way too good not to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ravioli is such a wonderful concept.. anything stuffed inside pasta is a-okay with me :) looks lovely, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TJ's never lets me down! I love how they serve wholesome products that help people cook a healthy meal in a reasonable amount of time.
    Everything looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trader Joe is the one-stop king! That store just has everything for the perfect meal, such as the one you whipped up. Lovely! And yay for hot yoga <3

    ReplyDelete