Recipes

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Snug-logging?

Ok, so I was trying to combine Snuggie + Blogging, and…yeah nothing sounded right.  I am however comfortable and warm all while my arms are free to blog away!  I’ll even 1-up that, because I have the super duper Brookstone version of the snuggie made with that soft Nap material…oh yes!

Busy day, and ended with some baking for a fun blogger event tomorrow :)

The first thing I did when I woke up was to fire up the cappuccino machine, and by then Brian already had the eggs out to make himself a breakfast sandwich. 

I was craving something sweet and decided to whip up a couple slice of French toast!

IMG_7707

  • 1 egg
  • skim milk
  • vanilla
  • cinnamon
  • 2 slices Arnold Double Protein Bread
  • cooked in a pan with a spray of Canola oil
  • 1 banana sliced on the side
  • real maple syrup :)

Cappuccino action!  Quick and delicious breakfast.

IMG_7708 

French toast boot?

IMG_7710

A day of errands and some shopping, worked up an appetite!  I was craving a delicious sandwich and so we hopped over to Great Harvest!

IMG_7711

I had a sandwich with hummus, roasted red pepper, red onion, carrots, provolone, and avocado!

IMG_7712

SO GOOD!  We also bought a loaf of their Nine Grain bread too!  Mmmm!

While shopping for baking supplies, we did a little grocery shopping.  For some reason I have difficulty going to only 1 grocery store, and was hoping for fish for dinner and so we obviously ended up at Whole Foods.

Instead of fish, the crab cakes caught our eye because they were on special for $1.99 each!  We got 4 crab cakes, and some items to make this AMAZING salad they were sampling!

The salad: Pink Grapefruit Salad

IMG_7718

First, I sectioned the grapefruit.  The had bags of 6 for $2.99 and I really hope they are all as good as this one was!

IMG_7719

IMG_7720

Ingredients:

IMG_7722

The salad at the store was showcasing this special lime Olive Oil and Champagne Vinegar, but we didn’t buy it.

Instead, we decided to bust out one of the Olive Oils we bought on our honeymoon in Greece!!!

IMG_7723

We use that oil, and some red wine vinegar for the dressing, and it blended well with the extra juice from the grapefruit in the salad bowl.

IMG_7734

  • mixed greens
  • 1 grapefruit, sectioned + any extra juice
  • feta cheese, crumbled on top
  • pistachios (raw, unsalted)
  • dressing: olive oil + red wine vinegar

IMG_7732

We also broke out our last bottle of wine from our trip to Oregon in 2008.

IMG_7725

This was bought at the Sokel Blosser winery in the Willamette Valley

IMG_7726

This is Meditrina
IMG_7729

IMG_7733

DELICIOUS dinner!

IMG_7735

IMG_7736

Seriously the crab cakes were amazing!! 

IMG_7737

5 comments:

  1. What an elegant meal! I bet it was amazing.

    One of my Christmas presents was a Snuggie, and I couldn't have been more excited when I ripped open the wrapping paper. I think every Bostonian should have one for the long cold winter!

    This post reminded me that I've been meaning to get to Great Harvest... I ogle all of the breads on Kath's blog - all I need to do is get some for myself ;).

    Have a blast at the cookie swap! My in-laws are up this weekend, so I can't go. Eat some cookies for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right before I moved from RI a Great Harvest opened and of course, I got addicted. I am so jealous you have access!

    ReplyDelete
  3. $1.99 for crab cakes? Thats awesome! Your dinner looks so beautiful! I love it. Glad you're enjoying your new espresso filled toy. I think we need to see a picture of you rocking your snuggie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think if I had a snuggie I would never leave my house/couch!

    I love the candlelight dinner- so elegant and sweet that you make dinner such an event!

    ReplyDelete
  5. snug-logging <- you gotta coin that term stat!!

    m'mmmm, that breakfast looks great! Nothing better that real maple syrup :)

    ReplyDelete