Recipes

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Playing Catch Up!

First of all...what happened to March?! Like really? It's seriously April already!!!? I can't believe how fast time is going lately. Weddings (mine and others), work, and now House Hunting is taking over my life! I really hope to be back to a normal blogging schedule soon!

Now I must share with you all some of the amazing food I've had lately! I may not be blogging as often as I'd like, but I still have my camera on me at all times :)

On Sunday, Brian and I were over visiting my mom after hitting up 4 open houses (p.s. looking for a house is getting me frustrated already...we just started!). The 3 of us went for an early dinner to a fantastic neighborhood Italian restaurant in Wayland, MA (a town over from my moms): Luigi's Italian Grille

I didn't know what I was in the mood for...but I wanted something kind of light and I wanted something with Tomato sauce!This was shrimp, scallops, and mussels in a DELICIOUS tomato sauce served over linguine! Perfect! I only ate about 1/5 of the pasta...I love pasta but don't like to eat a lot of it. So Brian had all my leftover pasta for lunch the next day :)
This is my new favorite menu item here!

Mom also went the seafood route with the one of their specials...
LOBSTER RAVIOLI!!!! With shrimp, spinach, tomatoes, maybe some other stuff, in a parmesan cream sauce! Those ravioli were INCREDIBLE!!

We always have a superb meal when we eat there!

Moving along...but keeping with a somewhat Italian theme:My favorite Trader... I call him Joe, has done it again! Seriously, their frozen dishes are always a hit! I sampled this at the actual store one day and immediately put a bag in my cart! In fact I frequently buy whatever they are sampling :)

These are perfect when you come home later than normal, or are SO HUNGRY you can't be bothered to really cook!

This bag had 4 servings at 130 calories each...I figured I'd make 2 meals out of it and bulk it up!

I added 2 chopped up sun dried tomatoes to a pan, then added a large amount of chopped up KALE!Once this cooked down a bit, I added the contents of the bag...it always looks weird when its in frozen clumps
But after 8-10 min or so, the frozen clumps thaw into a lovely sauce and its components.In this case: peas, spinach, and polenta "balls"...in this shape they reminded me of gnocchi! Almost tasted the same too!

My bowl with a little shredded parmesanThe sauce had a great little kick and I loved the addition of the sun dried tomatoes!

Of course there was dessert:
Thank GOD I can stop myself at 1...these things are SO SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

There are still more yummy eats AND my third and final Restaurant Week review to come!

Happy Thursday!

Don't forget to check out Meghann's giveaway for Erin Baker's products!!

P.S. I booked my honeymoon (well most of it)...can't wait to share!!!!
Anyone else feel like the days are FLYING by lately??

10 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's April either! Where has the time gone?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that Italian looks great! I need to go check out that frozen meal from Trader Joes now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ughh are those girl scout cookies!! it looks SO good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the days have been zipping by for sure! that trader joe's meal looks great. i love polenta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. samoas are soooo dangerous! and delicious :)

    yes, i definitely feel like the days are flying by!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those polenta balls totally do look like gnocchi! Kinda of a neat idea actually, to make the polenta in that shape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. umm, so how do you stop at just one?? i need to learn :) great lookin eats!!

    i have no idea where time is going... sheesh. elina has been saying the same thing about house-hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ME!!! I feel like flying, it's been SOOOO long!!

    Can't wait to see where your honeymooning at!! FUN!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I just bought those polenta balls at TJ's last weekend for "emergency" meals. They looks too cool to pass up. Glad you liked them and what a great idea to bulk up with kale and sun dried tomatoes. Beautiful!
    Looking forward to hearing about your honeymoon plans :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The polenta provencale is one of my favorite new discoveries from Trader Joe's!

    ReplyDelete