Recipes

Saturday, April 4, 2009

2009 Wedding #2; Part 1 - Rehearsal!

My good friend Jen is getting married today!!! She was one of my college roomies Junior and Senior year! This is the wedding that we planned the lovely brunch Shower for a few weeks ago :)

I guess we can start this from Wednesday night when Brian and I went to shop for a wedding present! After a trip to Macy's and Crate & Barrel, we were hungry! Luckily the mall we were at has some great food options (I still can't believe how often I used to eat at the Food Court in high school!).

We opted for Legal Sea Foods! This is one of my FAVORITE restaurants of all time. It's a local company with many locations in Massachusetts...its very delicious fish and seafood and I've been eating here with my family since I was little!

Usually my favorite thing to order is grilled Rainbow Trout, but I wasn't super hungry and was cold so I really wanted Chowder! (this is the chowder they serve at the presidential inaugurations!)

But first...the Rolls. So simple, but so insanely good!They are crisp on the outside, soft inside, and warm...mmm, perfect with a little salted butter!

Then I had a cup of chowder and a small salad :)
I love puting the oyster crackers in my chowder :)

A simple salad, but little extra touches like wide carrot "ribbons", and sesame seeds!! I LOVED the sesame seeds in it...I'll have to remember that!

Last night was the rehearsal...practice makes perfect:

The boys could NOT stand still!! I hope they realize they are going to have to be still a lot longer today :)

We practiced the recession a lot...me and my partner (Jen's little brother!)
The bride-to-be after it was done(that's me in the green coat).

I didn't get any pics from the dinner...it was back at her dad's with food from a GREAT Italian restaurant. I think we were all too starving and I didn't even THINK to take a pic haha!

Well I gotta run...hair appointment is soon :)

I realized this is my FIRST time being a bridesmaid...I am SO excited!!

I'll be back tomorrow with pics!

Have a great weekend :)

11 comments:

  1. OHMYOHMYOHMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stunning, lovely, delicious - I'm so excited for you!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO i just had a wedding weekend it was SO fun!! I like being a bridesmaid b/c you feel like part of the inner circle :D Wow i'm glad you're not "wedding-ed" out yet, haha your head must be in wedding mode 24/7!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY have fun! That church looks a lot like the one that I grew up in! :)

    Have a great time and Congrats to the bride!!


    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww have so much fun! I bet the day will be just incredible

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun - everything looks ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm bread! Have a BLAST at the wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the wedding is amazing! Have fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. have an awesome time at the wedding!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Legal has never let us down. I hope the wedding went well. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yum i LOVE the rolls with butter at legal seafood. also they make a rocking crab cake!

    ReplyDelete