Recipes

Monday, April 27, 2009

Back to Yoga!

More and more little pieces of my "normal" life are coming back! I finally went to my Yoga studio tonight and when I looked at my class card the last time I went was March 19!!! Way too long!

I went for Hot Yoga but there was a substitute teacher who does more of a Vinyasa class, but the room was already hot from the class before so it was kind of Hot Vinyasa which was awesome! The normal Hot Yoga doesn't have much down and up dogs or planks so I this was great! My arms were getting so tired from all the low planks!!

So my roomie and I have officially made the switch to morning iced coffee!! I made a pot of Spring Blend iced coffee Sunday and it was A-MA-ZING! To make iced coffee we just brew a half pot of double strength coffee and then when its finished add enough ice to bring it up to the normal strength water level.I packed a KICK ASS salad today!
The goods:
  • baby spinach base
  • cucumber
  • red bell pepper
  • carrots
  • red onion
  • corn OFF the cob (the leftover grilled corn from last night)
  • grilled asparagus from last night
I also packed a fresh tomato and avocado to cut up just before eating :) I don't like to refrigerate tomatoes if possible, it just ruins a good tomato.
I also made a quick dressing with extra virgin olive oil, balsamic, honey, and Dijon mustard.

I also enjoyed an Ellie's Cherry Walnut Bar that the roomie made last Thursday night! I've said it before but these things are SO good.
After Yoga I had a leftover Spanikopita Turkey Burger, YUM! And apple sauce...
Then maybe I had a Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookie to round out the night.

AND I'm finally catching up on some TV! Watched Gossip Girl from like THREE weeks ago and a couple episodes of The Hills.

12 comments:

  1. I love iced coffee! It's perfect, especially now that it is warming up!

    (Dine Out, Fight AIDS. APril 30. www.diningoutforlife.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That salad looks awesome!! I need to start making iced coffee now that it is warm outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweetie,

    That salad kicks just about every salad butt I've ever seen. And iced coffee is fanfreakintastic.

    Have a wonderful night sweetie!

    With Love,

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hills! I know its such a lame show, but I can't get enough! Corn off the cob is SO good in a salad! Glad you're finally able to get back to your favorite activities!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hills + Gossip Girl = My guilty pleasures =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still holding out on the iced coffee but I can't wait to make the switch! It's SO GOOD!!

    Those Ellie's bars look fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your perky post today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    and that salad looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post just made me so excited for corn on the cob this summer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that salad looks AMAZING. so colorful! I love making my salads. Ok, not as much as buying them (the lazy part of me...) but still!! And when people at work comment on how fab they look, I love it!
    xox
    s
    http://eatfabinnyc.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love adding grilled veggies to salad!
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  11. your salad looks delicious, so fresh and summery :) i love getting caught up on old tv. i think i have almost the whole season of america's next top model to watch LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yoga is a real pleasure for body and soul. But it
    requires dedication and huge physical capacities. To prepare your body for
    regular trainings and to improve your results the proper nutrition is vital. I
    am taking Military Grade Nutritionals. These dietary supplements were developed
    for soldiers, but they are good for everyone, who wants to keep fit. They
    provide sustainable results and help me improve my shape quickly.

    ReplyDelete