Recipes

Sunday, April 19, 2009

One More Week

I swear I only have 1 more week of this crap (i.e. studying and stressing), then I can go back to normal life and only worry about work, the wedding, blogging, house hunting...you know, the usual :)

I wisked myself to my mom's house this weekend to get in some uninterrupted studying time!

But a mini re-cap:
The Weather!!
I'ts been SO GORGEOUS here in Boston!! Friday was 70*!!!! I couldn't possibly make myself study Friday after work so I got home and went for a run! It was great. I don't know how far I went but I was out for about 40min...running with some walking. Then I met up with friends in the North End where I had 1.5 glasses of Savignon Blanc at Bacco, then an appetizer at Monicas!

The wine was Oyster Bay Savignon Blanc...AMAZING!

Saturday was super study time...I made myself a GREEN smoothie and headed off to Mom's. I love how sunny warm(er) weather makes me want to eat better in general :)
  • 1 cup Almond milk
  • 4 frozen strawberries
  • handful of Kale
  • 1/3 ripe banana
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • >1T Almond Butter
  • mmmmmmmmmmmmmmGREEN!
Saturday wasn't too exciting, I did take a shopping break with mom later that night. I'll have to take some pics of my purchases!

Sunday was grocery shopping, and then I made my mom Kale Chips!She gets such a kick out of some of the things "I come up with" (I know I didn't come up with them...I told her that) but she really liked them!

then MORE studying, then another great run!

I followed up the run with lunges up and down the driveway, some arm work with dumbbells and abs!

For dinner we got out, and headed to one of my faves: Legal Seafoods!

After the wine Friday I was actually craving it again...this is like the most wine I've drank in 1 weekend in a while hahaNot as good as Friday's...but still yummy. I love the little fishy guy on their wine glasses.

I wanted to get a good serving of fish, so I ordered the Wood Grilled Assortment: the Chef's selections of three fish, shrimp, and scallopsThat would be: Scallops, Shrimp, Blue Fish (far right), Tuna (middle under the shrimp), and swordfish (can't see it under the shrimp). Steamed Broccoli and Snap Peas as my sides!

They are the masters a wood grilled fish...it's always so flavorful and perfectly cooked! Plus I have leftovers for tomorrow.
Once again I hate my lack of posting lately, but everything is just sucky lately...wow this exam just puts me in the worst mood, I can't WAIT to be done on Friday!!!!

Hope you all have a great week! I am HOPE HOPE to see you tomorrow :)

12 comments:

  1. aw, hope the week flies by so you can be done! the end IS in sight ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with school!!

    Love that seafood dinner, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your tough week! I've always wanted to go to Legal Seafoods. I've heard it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with studying time!! Love the idea of kale chips, I need to try those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its not long now, dont worry the end is in sight and you will feel so much better on friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear from you! I think its so fabulous that fit in some delicious and healthy looking meals despite the studying CRUNCH! Good luck with the exam

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom is always impressed with "my creations" as well. She loves the blog world.

    Good luck with the studies and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang in there - just a few more days!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc as well! If you like that one, many of the other SB's from New Zealand taste very similar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i first had oyster bay in the north end and fell in love with it! it is my favorite wine ever!! and i LOVE legal, which one did you go to?

    ReplyDelete