Recipes

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Back to Life, Back to Reality

I originally typed "baked" to Reality haha...guess I need to bake something soon, and I can because I am no longer a SLAVE TO STUDYING!! YAY!!!!!! It's OVER!!!

Thank you all so much for your patience! I've been missing blogging way too much, but I did get in to check up on all your blogs once in a while so I didn't completely disappear!

Lets see, the last couple days have gone like this:

I am beyond THRILLED with the weather we are having and decided to make it official with an ICED COFFEE on my way to work Thursday.This iced coffee is the BOMB! It's Kahlua Cream flavor (just the beans, no added syrups or anything) and all I add is milk and it tastes just like a mudslide!!! (minus the sugary taste)...AMAZING! It's from my fav little coffee shop in Andover: The Ultimate Perk

I only worked a half day Thursday so I could have more studying time...I am definitely better at last minute studying, I need it fresh in my mind.

I had a studying smoothie for lunch (well more like a snack)...no green stuff today, just:
  • 1/2 c Almond Milk
  • 1/2 c Chocolate Soy Milk
  • 1/2 banana
  • 4 frozen strawberries
  • a few ice cubes
  • 1/4 t Vanilla extract
So refreshing! I wish it was thicker, but my blender isn't the best at the whole ice crushing (I need to get me a Vita Mix!)

Later I made a quick frozen pizza I've kept on hand: TJ's BBQ Chicken Pizza!

Popped this baby in the oven, directly on the rack for 8min...perfect!
A serving was 1/3 of the pizza, so I cut it into little slices so it would feel like more. I probably had a little more than 1/3, but less than 1/2.

Test Day

At least I had a test buddy...Brian! He was taking it too, and we ended up being sat near each other.

I must say the ONLY good part was the test site: UMASS Boston. They have a GORGEOUS campus! It's right on the harbor and the harbor walk that runs all long Boston even continues down here, so after we ate our lunch we went for a little walk.

I had packed a simple Honey Maple turkey and American cheese on Arnolds Double Protein Bread! Brian bought some awesome veggie chips from WFs!Then we walked.8 hours of testing later we were free! And wanted to go to a fun dinner.

We decided to try out the Cambridge Brewing Co. They had great beer but the dinner was so-so, well I think I just didn't order something good.

We started with brews:
I got the Berliner Kendall: a Berlin Style Wheat ale, traditional sour fermentation. Dry, tart, light-bodied.

Brian got The Colonel (which I can't find the description of and am not even going to try to describe it haha)My problem was that I wanted the:

Chick Pea Fritter Wrap Carrots, Spring Greens, Cucumber, Onion, Spicy Yogurt
but when I asked if there was Curry in the spicy yogurt the waitress was like "ummm yeah I think so" (thanks for ACTUALLY checking)...well this solidified a big NO for me because I HATE curry!! Don't know why but I do. So I went with the

Vegetarian Muffaletta House Giardiniera, Eggplant, Roasted Pepper, Artichoke, Portobello, Olive Salad
This just wasn't that great, I don't know...the bread was tough the veggies were OK, just not something worth my money.

Brian got the special: Ribs, beer battered onion rings, and potato salad.THIS was good!! I had a few bites (of course). Oh well, I'd still like to give this place another try because many of the menu items sound great!

Well it's going to be in the 80's this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO PUMPED!!!

Brian and I plan to walk around the city a lot today, something I haven't done in a while.

It's good to be back :)

10 comments:

  1. OMG i am obsessed with this city :D I can't believe the weather right now! We will def meet up when I come back this summer! xo So glad you're done yay

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful views!! Those veggie chips look absolutely incredible!

    I am loving this iced coffee weather - it can stick around ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! The test is over. I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooks like great weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed you!!!!!!! So glad your test is over. The picture of you two is so cute! Loving it ;)That iced coffee sounds awesome. My sister had her baby this morning so hopefully I will be up soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only started reading your blog and realized I live near you! I'm in Brighton.

    Hope you enjoyed the weather today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your smoothie and coffee both look SO good! Those veggie chips look tasty too, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so lucky living in Boston I have been twice and didnt want to leave, it was such a beautiful place.
    You must be so relieved the test is over now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay - so glad you survived the tests. I am LOVING the weather we're having. Just can't get over it. Enjoy this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. great way to celebrate!! glad it's over :)

    ReplyDelete