Recipes

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

CEiMB Lamb Chops!

I’ve somehow missed the last few CEiMB recipes!  It’s crazy how it sneaks up on you and all of a sudden in Thursday and no Ellie meal has occurred.

I really made sure not to miss this one!  I love lamb, but it’s one of those things I rarely eat, rarely buy, and rarely order at restaurants…not exactly sure why.  Maybe somewhere in my head I associate it as one of those things I shouldn’t eat often??  Who knows…all I know is that I saw the recipe for this week was Marinated Lamb Chops and I was all over that.

These were made with lamb loin chops which were smaller and a little more expensive than the “regular” lamb chops (shoulder chops I think?) but they were extremely flavorful and tender.

The marinade couldn't be easier:

IMG_9228

  • lemon juice
  • lemon zest
  • garlic
  • oregano
  • salt & pepper

IMG_9229

The chops marinate for 1 hour then on the grill the went, along with some veggies…yeah we’re on a grilled veggie kick lately :)

IMG_9230

IMG_9234

SO flavorful!!  Lamb has such a distinct flavor; it’s delicious. 

Ice-y Treats

For dessert that night I dug into our lately supply of buy 1 get 1 free Eddy’s!  Perfect timing because I could NOT decide what I wanted :)

I had a little Neapolitan ice cream (something so classic about that vanilla-chocolate-strawberry in one container)

…and Sherbet!!!!   Wow I haven’t had sherbet in, well, Forever!

So refreshing :)

IMG_9237     IMG_9236

Tonight’s workout was my weekly Treadmill Interval Training at the gym.  I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this training, but it’s a Small Group Training session I signed up for.  It’s 8weeks, 1 night a week.  There are 5 of us and 1 trainer.  We basically do a mini-boot camp style workout on the treadmill.

It’s an awesome workout and I sweat a lot!  Tonight felt harder than usual for some reason and I was craving a smoothie like crazy when I got home.

  • about 3/4 cup skim milk
  • handful of baby spinach
  • small piece of frozen banana
  • 5 frozen strawberries
  • 1/2 scoop Amazing Grass
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (I’m using Spirulina Whey right now)

IMG_9238

This sucker was THICK!  I need a wider straw haha. 

Well it is way past my bed time… fun blogger event tomorrow night, yay :)  Love having something to look forward to after work!

8 comments:

  1. I should totally join CEiMB...because I <3 Ellie :) The chops look like they turned out perfect! Nice grill marks!! That treadmill class sounds like a lot of fun- a great way to mix up your workouts. Hope you have fun at the blogger event tonight

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm...I haven't had sherbet in ages..years really!
    Great looking chops, it's awesome when something turns out looking as good as it tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a really thick smoothie, makes me feel like it's a milkshake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherbet & Neapolitan ice cream= the best colors! Such a pretty summer inspired treat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The marinade worked really well on chicken as well...or a meatless "chicken". :)
    Loved the flavors. It all came together so well.
    Your dinner looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lamb Chops AND Ice Cream?? Sounds like the perfect meal. Lamb looks delicious.

    Love lamb but also don't buy. Hard to get in the deep south.

    Thanks for the smoothie recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow- those lamb chops look amazing! I'll have to try that recipe. I'm too scared to put spinach in a smoothie, though- when I need a protein boost, I make this smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. have you tried chocolate sherbet? I've seen it in stored but am not a sherbet fan...

    ReplyDelete