Recipes

Monday, March 22, 2010

Slam Dunk Weekend

Friday at work I scored 2 tickets to the NCAA games down in Providence on Saturday!  Best part was they were free :)

Luckily I was able to get out of my plans that day, and we headed down to Providence!

I wasn’t thrilled at first at spending the whole afternoon inside an Arena when it was it was the warmest, nicest day we’ve had yet this year…but once I was there it was SO fun.

Check out these seats!!

IMG_8760

IMG_8795

We were center court, 2 rows up from the floor!!

We saw the Villanova/St. Mary’s game, and the Tennessee/Ohio game!

IMG_8797

After the games, we walked around for about 15min before dinner.

Thanks to some suggestions from Sabrina, we decided to eat at
The Oyster Bar

IMG_8798

I was really looking forward to trying their Sushi.  I ordered the Surf & Turf roll.

IMG_8799

This was:  Filet Mignon, Ahi Tuna, Tempura Shrimp, cucumber, and Avocado.

IMG_8801

OMG, SO GOOD!!   Even Brian loved it and he usually doesn’t care for Sushi (he doesn’t like the seaweed taste).

We split this roll, and it was filling!  I couldn’t finish my entree. 

I ordered the Grilled Salmon Salad with Artichokes, Brie, Pine Nuts, and Tomato Vinaigrette. 

IMG_8804

The salad was pretty good.  I asked for dressing on the side but they forgot so it was a little “wet”, and the artichokes tasted a little odd to me.  The salmon was very nicely cooked though!

Brian’s striped bass was much better:)

IMG_8803

Hey!  Guess who I ran into…we were on our way to our car and she was just arriving for her dinner…Sabrina!

IMG_8805

We only had a few minutes to chat, but I’m glad we got to say hi!

Workouts – March 21-27

Sunday – Body Pump

Monday – Body Combat…whoa baby, this one kicked my BUTT tonight!!  I could barely walk out of there.  We did more leg work than usual and my legs were already sore from Pump!  As always, felt great!!

Tuesday – Off
Wednesday  - trying a new Treadmill Interval class at my gym!  It’s taught by my favorite Combat teacher.  She said its basically like boot camp on the treadmill…can’t wait!

Thursday – Pump?  (possibly off, if I have a work class)
Friday – depends on Thursday, this could be my off day…not sure.

Saturday – early morning Body Combat class!  Yes!

So happy to have a good exercise schedule this week.        

8 comments:

  1. I would be even more jealous if Villanova won that game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaahh can't believe you scored tickets to the NCAA!! Ray and I are Saint Mary's alums so we are THRILLED that SMC has made it to the third round.

    Your sushi looks so yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY cool that you got to go to the games! Josh was bummed that Villanova lost. Dinner looks fabulous and how funny that you ran into Sabrina. Workouts look fabulous! Wait until you see the new pump! It is INTENSE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing seats! I love march madness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again!

    It was so nice to (briefly) see you!!!

    That sushi roll looks awesome. I LOVE Oyster Bar's sushi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Girl! I've been reading your blog for a bit now, and really enjoy it!
    Surf and turf roll? Are you kidding?! TO DIE FOR!

    I like what you eat/write.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Body combat sounds like such a fun and really tough class.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have loved that dinner- the roll looks fabulous!

    Your workouts sound great too!

    ReplyDelete