Recipes

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Shower of Awesomness!

I just have to say that I have the BEST bridesmaids :)
After being up in NH for a wedding all weekend (more on that in a different post), I drove back to Mass on Sunday straight to my aunts house for my Bridal Shower!!

It was a pretty-pink-super-girly-delicious event!
I was first shuffled over to see the favors...oh my god the Favors!!! My amazing friend actually made mini wedding cakes!!!! Baked, frosted, boxed, and made little "B" tags for them! Everyone thought they were amazing and that she was insane for doing it hahaha!

They are delicious too!! There were some extras, so of course I took them. I have a couple in the freezer and 1 I'm working on in the fridge. I am so appreciative of all her hard work!
Then there was the food...the FOOD! I believe my wonderful roommate/bff/maid of honor was the organizer of the menu (amongst many other things), and she hit a home run by planning a Greek/Mediterranean inspired menu.

There were so many people to say hi to that I didn't get to eat too many appetizers (probably a good thing), but there was an amazing cheese platter, spinach dip, antipasto, pita chips with homemade hummus, and Caprese salad!!I'll just give the picture play-by-play

Three types of hummus: Black bean, lemon garlic, and roasted red pepperSangria with Fresh BerriesIced TeaGrilled VeggiesOrzo salad with feta, dill, and chickpeasTabbouleh saladDelicious lambFamily salad (it's tomatoes, garlic, romaine, Romano cheese, with a dressing of olive oil, lemon juice, and oregano...amazing).Chicken - not sure exactly what type but it had feta and tomatoes and was delish!Shrimp in a red onion, olives, garlic marinadeI was told my mom polished the silver :)Spread...Don't think there wasn't dessert!

Homemade baklava!Chocolate almond torteThe cake!!It was a super moist dark chocolate cake with a chocolate ganache filling!!!! SO GOOD!
cuteEveryone brought a recipe for me :) The girls even made the recipe cards with a "B" on them.Check out my sweet hat my aunts got me hahahahRibbon Bouquet!My shower was seriously everything I imagined and more!! I am so grateful to have such amazing friends and family :)

I have lots of pics from the wedding I went to this past weekend as well, but I think I overloaded this post enough haha. I'm also back to busy bee mode working on favors for my friends Shower this coming Sunday!! (it never ends). It's for the girl who made my AMAZING cake favors so I better step it up!

18 comments:

  1. Wow those little cakes are amazing! And the food looks TO-DIE FOR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely gorgeous shower! I love the pink decor and don't get me started on the cake -- lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW What a shower! The food looks incredible! I love tomato/moz salad and that hummus! Oh my gosh- your bridesmaids rock! The little cakes are SO freaking adorable. I love your dress--I have it too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG after all the gorgeous showers you've thrown- they really had to wow you!!!! Everything looks amazing, what sweet girls you have :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous decor, food, and friends--love the pink details and the B monogram theme. You know I love monograms! I am so happy for you. You deserve each and every ounce of joy this wedding journey is bringing you!

    Love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. No joke, you have a fabulous bridesmaids! And I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cakes and desserts look fab, thats why you get married! :) You must be so excited now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pink AND Greek menu? When I get married can I have them plan my shower?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dang girl - that is one FABULOUS shower! :) What a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun shower! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sending this to my mom because I know she will be so impressed. She just finished planning my Sister in Laws shower and will appreciate all the attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  12. O my gosh; that is the most amazing shower I have ever seen...wow...you are so lucky to have amazing bridesmaids; I'm so glad you had a great time....You deserve it, darling!!!!
    The food spread is unbelievable---by far the best shower I've seen...hehe...

    Have a great day.

    Best,
    Amie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Fun times and food! All your dresses are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh what a cute gift idea! Those little cakes are amazing! Love your site and your shower pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what an amazing shower!! looks tasty ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. what an amazing group of friends you must have. gorgeous shower and food!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Food glorious food! Glad you had such a wonderful shower, you definitely deserve it girlie. Take care, I'm so excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. those are the cutest favors!

    glad you had a wonderful shower =)

    ReplyDelete