Although my mind has been a constant to-do list that keeps running over and over again, and driving me crazy!!
So in less than a week we already have a nice amount of RSVPs! FUN!! My mom even has a little basket to keep them all in haha.
Ok ok, back to a little re-cap in food.
Starting with a new yummy product I picked up at, you guessed it, Trader Joes:I also whipped up a little kick ass salad last week:
- Mixed Greens
- Red Onion
- Shredded Carrots
- Dressing of fresh lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Pita and Lemon hummus on the side
- small piece of bread on the side as well leftover from a restaurant
This is my absolute FAVORITE salad, and it's also extra special because it was this salad that got me to try goat cheese a few years ago and now I am OBSESSED! I give you the Focacinna con Caprino
FOCACCINA CON CAPRINO
Flat aromatic bread topped with mixed green salad, goat cheese, fresh roasted cherry tomatoes and grilled zucchiniMy favorite part is smearing the soft goat cheese on the warm flat bread...mmmmmmOther weekend activities included the ever popular selection of paint colors...We have "Hopsack" on the left, and "Oatbran" on the right. Oh the joys of home ownership :)
We went with the Oatbran...actually Brian painted the room yesterday and I am going to check it out after work today! This is for the guest bedroom.
For our bedroom we were choosing between a blue and green
I liked the blue better, but I think we are still going to go with something a little lighter than this. I want the bedroom to be a relaxing oasis...lots of white and soft walls :)
We even ordered a new bathroom Vanity and picked out a new toilet!! Haha!
Later we opted to fire up the grill back at my apt. We went for the pre-marinated meats at Whole Foods, and boy were those steak tips delicious!! I also grilled a chicken breast, a chicken sausage, veggies, and corn!
My plate:A little of everything. Unfortunately the corn just was NOT good...no flavor, off texture :( Boo! So we didn't finish that.
Since the coals were still nice and hot, I dug some old marshmallows out of the cupboard and we made some s'mores!
Now you may notice something odd about the marshmallows:No your screen is fine, it really is purple
and green :)
Ok ok, so all I had were these leftover from Easter time heheHahha multi colored Bunny Mallows!!
Still enjoying eating a lot of this lately too...LOVING the berries lately...Raspberries AND Strawberries were 2 for $5 this week at Whole Foods. Can't beat that! Plus homemade granola = happy face!
Weekly Wedding Tidbits:
- Panickly working on finalizing a rehearsal dinner location
- Ordered a potential Flower Girl dress online today! Nordstrom.com carries the Us Angles brand in case anyone's looking!
- Going shopping tonight for a dress to wear to my friend's wedding THIS Saturday! I swear I didn't slack on that one, I just really haven't seen anything I'm loving anywhere!?
- Heading up to NH Friday for the weekend for my friends wedding!!! So excited because Brian and I are both good friends with the bride and groom and lots of college friends will be there!!
- SUNDAY IS MY BRIDAL SHOWER hehehehhe!!!!!!!! Not gonna lie, I check my registries like 3 times a day...whatever, you would too!