Recipes

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Guten Morgen

And what a beautiful morning it is!  A sunny gorgeous September Day.

I woke to a slight chill in the house as we still have all the windows open even though it’s starting to get cooler at night.  I’ll take the morning chill to have the fresh air breezing through.

Then I decided I would do what I’ve been meaning to do for a while and for some reason haven’t…eat breakfast out on the patio!

I’ve had visions of sipping a hot cappuccino on a cool Fall morning while feeling the sun in my face for a long time now :) 

IMG_4756

To top of my al fresco morning, I opted of oatmeal!  Another cool weather staple I haven’t had all summer!

My Oat Mix:

  • 1/3 cup rolled oats
  • 1/3 cup skim milk
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/2 banana
  • salt
  • cinnamon

Topped with:

  • Justin’s Maple Almond Butter
  • crumbled piece of a Nature’s Valley Oats & Honey bar
  • 3 chocolate chips
  • pinch of coconut

IMG_4755

I made my cappuccino and headed out back…

IMG_4754

To my surprise is was actually pretty warm out there in the sun…so warm in fact that I wished I had made an iced latte instead!!

Brian decided to take an “artistic” photo of his banana peal  and OJ

IMG_4769

IMG_4759

But it still was a fabulous spot to eat breakfast and I will be sure to make this more of a habit on these upcoming Fall weekends.

IMG_4757

Now the title of my post isn’t completely random.

Seeing as it’s September…you know what that means, time for Oktoberfest celebrations!!  (I still don’t understand why “Oktoberfest” celebrations are traditionally in September) 

Seeing as though I have a beer-loving husband I am always informed of the upcoming beer-fests.

Today’s venture…

Sam Adams OFest

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sam Adam’s Octoberfest celebration down at the Castle at Park Plaza in Boston!  I believe you can still get tickets at the door until they run out!!  Pre-sale tickets had already sold out.

I really like Sam Adams Octoberfest beer and can’t wait to have a pint today…tastes like fall!  This is our first time at this particular Oktoberfest celebration, but they are usually a fun time…pretty hilarious with the German music/dancing/outfits!! 

Don’t worry, I will NOT be dressing like Gretchen the Beer Wench…

images

I’ll have the start of my Nantucket re-caps starting tomorrow :)  Oh wish I was there right now!!

IMG_4401      

Any Fall-ish fun activities planned for the weekend??

5 comments:

  1. What a great morning :) Your oats look so tasty. Justin's is the best! Have so much fun at the beerfest. I love Sammy Adams. Fall like activities? I dunno...I went to the pool...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the fact that fall is coming, although it's a little late as California did not see too much of a summer!

    We have a fall festival each year and I am so excited for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only 3 chocolate chips, how did you even taste them in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww I wish I knew about Oktoberfest! It was the perfect day today, though. I loved that it was still summery and sunny, but I still needed a little sweater bc of the chill in the air! LOVE New England in the fall :)

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm soooo jealous of your backyard set up. I would give anything for even just a tiny deck!

    ReplyDelete