Recipes

Friday, April 2, 2010

Everything Muffins!

I’ve been just waiting and waiting to have some extra bananas go brown on me!  This has to the one and only fruit that I actually get excited when it goes “bad”.  I even bought a bunch of extra bananas lately just so I could have some for baking!

IMG_8899

I give you:  The Everything (banana) Muffin

Basically I couldn’t decide what to put in, so I added it all: 
Banana, coconut, blueberries, and chocolate chips!
preheat oven to 375
The Dry Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups White Whole Wheat Flour
  • 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
  • 1/4 cup quick oats
  • 1/4 cup Oat Bran
  • 2 tsp Baking powder
  • 1.5 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 (heaping) tsp nutmeg
  • 2 Tbsp sucanant (or any other sugar)
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut

The Wet Ingredients:

  • 3.5 very ripe bananas mashed
  • 1 T canola oil
  • 1-2 tsp coconut oil (I used a heaping tsp…it was still more in solid form)
  • 1 egg white
  • 2 T Agave (I actually used TJ’s Agave/Maple Syrup blend)
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 small  pint blueberries
  • 1/4 cup choc. chips

Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until combined, but don’t over mix!

IMG_8887

IMG_8888
Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray, I use canola oil spray.  Divide batter evenly among the 12 cups.  My muffin tin was pretty full, but I like a “fuller” muffin.
optional:  sprinkle tops with raw sugar before baking.

IMG_8890

375 for 18 min

IMG_8891

These came out AWESOME!!!  Sometimes when I make a muffin like this I always wish I added just a little more sweetener, so this time I did and it was the perfect amount!

IMG_8894

Sweeteners should be adjusted for bananas…if you only have 2 banana’s you might want to add a little more sugar to make up for it.

The 1+ tsp of coconut oil was very subtle, if you want more of a coconut flavor use more/all coconut oil in place of the canola.  This is another great way to add flavor without adding more sugar.

IMG_8896

Nicely browned tops and very moist!

IMG_8897

(mmm gotta love the melty chocolate chips)

I enjoyed a warm muffin with a cappuccino that morning (this past Sunday).IMG_8892

Make These :)

IMG_8902

8 comments:

  1. Those look great, and they have all my favorite ingredients in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fantastic girl! They're like dump muffins (like a dump cake!). mmm nanas! So good.

    Ive been meaning to email you back! Sorry I'm such a slow poke.

    Have a great Easter and wonderful weekend pretty lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to make those muffins!! If only I had a muffin pan... thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look absolutely amazing. Coconut + blueberries + anything is pretty much a guaranteed success for flavor! I'll have to make these for guests this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These muffins look so great- thanks for the recipe- the next time I have some extra ripe bananas I will be making them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good solution! i'm all for having lots of different flavors together. sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The muffins look fabulous! You won my tea giveaway- email me your contact information so that I can get you in touch with the Celestial Seasonings folks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these muffins look amazing! i love the ingredient list too =)

    ReplyDelete