Recipes

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

HLS and more New House Adventures!

Wow what a weekend!

First I must commend the girls who put on the Healthy Living Summit. It turned out to be a huge success and I think everyone, including myself, had a wonderful time and learned a lot. The most exciting part for me was to actually talk to so many of these bloggers in person. So many times you read blogs and even email with other bloggers and think how you just know you’d want to be friends with that person if they lived closer, and it’s still so true. There were a lot of us, so it was hard to talk to everyone or for any length of time but it was still so exciting to be around all of these amazing people who love so many of the same things that you do!

I mean where else would you find a room of 125 people who all get giddy over little jars of Barney Butter!? Or where the Greek yogurt flies off the breakfast buffet in the first 10min (I came about 15min after registration opened and it was long gone by then haha!).

No worries, the breakfast buffet was still delicious! I was pumped to finally try Mix My Granola!

Unfortunately I couldn’t join in the Saturday evening activities in the North End (At least I’m
local so I’ve been many times), or the Sunday morning run which looked glorious from seeing other peoples pictures. No, I had the fun task of MOVING in one of the hottest weekends we’ve had this summer!

I was able to make the Friday evening cocktail party at Rustic Kitchen though!! I love Rustic Kitchen so I was excited about this. I was also excited to wear the cute salmon-y colored dress I had worn to my friends wedding a few weeks ago! Well apparently great minds think alike because I walked in and saw my fellow Boston blogger, Elina, in the same dress!!! Hahah!

(ps I totally stole those pics from Meghann and Heather's blogs respectively...thanks girls!!)

Somehow we missed this photo op, but if you check out Meghann's post and scroll down you'll notice a pic with Elina, then myself and we are dress twins :)

Here are some more pics from the Summit. I'm sure by now you've read 124 recaps and this will be #125, so I'll just post some pics and keep it simple.

I Heart Swag
My delicious sandwich bar lunch at the Summit:
I wish I could have access to delicious cut fruit everyday! Snack time:

The rest of the weekend was moving...I hate moving, HATE moving (although I’m sure I’m not alone there). You never realize how much stuff (crap) you accumulate until you have to move it all.

However, more exciting...I am finally in the new house officially!!! It's so weird and exciting at the same time. I mean, I am now living in a House (not an apt), and it's MY house! I am finally living with Brian, and realized the other day that I never have to pack a bag to stay with him again!

Of course this has been the hottest week of the year so it's hard to get too much done around the house without breaking a sweat haha. I did document our first dinner on the new grill!!Brian is SOOOO excited about this. It lives in our back yard cabana:The grill man :) Now all we need is proper patio furniture, instead of the ghetto set we're using now: This was somehow pulled together with some veggies given to me from my uncles garden, a bag of frozen shrimp I brought from my apartment and some Emeril’s Essence spice that was sent to me via the Foodbuzz Tastemaker's program! I spy a hot dog ;) So maybe I was craving a grilled hot dog and made Brian split one with me as an appetizer. Grilled Shrimpies! Veggies:My plateP.S. Emeril's Essence is awesome!

I can't wait to share more pictures of the house...we've done lots of painting and practically re-did the bathroom!! It's coming along great.
Even the tomatoes are flourishing!

This weekend is my Bachelorette Party!!! Holler!!!!!! Can't wait to share that with you guys!

17 Days!!!!!!!!!

13 comments:

  1. WOW- your backyard looks INCREDIBLE! You two must be SO freaking excited. Congrats! The HLS sounds incredible. I'm so sad I couldn't be there but glad everyone had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting about the house! I'm crazy jealous of your cabana & grill... John and I would spend the majority of our time out there :). Have a blast this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the house! Your back yard looks like a lovely spot to hang out in the summer! Grilled shrimp and veggies are the perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a great time at the HLS! I am going next year! Your house looks so pretty! Love the backyard!! Have a great time at the bachelorette party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad I got to meet you this weekend. It's such a shame we couldn't hang out more. I'm glad to hear the move went well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally saw u in the HLSpics and was waiting for your recap!!! I was in Boston that same weekend apartment hunting so I couldn't meet up :( I have an apt now though, and I'm moving out next Thursday, Ahhh!! Your house is sooo gorgeous I love it! I'll email you when I come out :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I am SO in love with your backyard cabana!!!

    Congrats on the move and new house. And yay for grilled veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First thing I ate from the bag was the bunnies as well.

    I am inviting myself over. That backyard is too much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am still so bitter that i couldn't go to the HLS but glad you enjoyed yourself! love all the swag - you are one lucky lady!

    congrats on the new house girl.. how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my God, now I want a cabana.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the new house!

    It was so great to meet you last weekend at the Summit! It's cool to see that there are other engineers out there living a healthy life! :D

    I can't wait to read more of your blog!

    -Megan (the other engineer at the summit lol)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, your backyard looks amaazing!!! not to mention that grill ;) seems perfect for a blogger get=together! hehe, congrats!

    ReplyDelete