We definitely are not advanced bootcampers but the beginners class sounded way too easy, so we went for it. Plus it was a perfect time at 9:30AM on a beautiful Saturday morning.
WOW. That was probably the most intense workout I can remember...but in a good way, but also a-little-more-and-I-may-have-wanted-to-throw-up-way as well haha.
It started with:
- jogging 4 laps around the park to warm up (I'd estimate that was total of maybe 1/3-1/2mile?
- butt kicks
- side shuffles
- front leg kicks/toe touch things
- grape vines
- high knees
- 45 sec. step up, step down
- 45 sec. tricep dips
- 30 sec. step ups
- 30 sec tricep dips
- repeat 30sec set
- 20 sec set
- 20 sec set
- TRICEPS KILLING
- 2 sets rows, hands in to each other, then hands facing down
- turn around for chest flies
- put band down, push ups
- fast high knees
- Repeat entire thing
- start with walking lunges up to a certain point, I'd guess about 15 lunges?
- jog over to the bottom of this hill
- sprint up hill
- go down the stairs to the beginning
- 10 push ups
- Repeat 2 more times
This was all at a park in Charlestown (if your familiar), then we headed over (i.e. jogged) to the ship yard/docks area (where they keep the U.S.S. Constitution).
Ok so this "light jog" was NOT easy for me...it was a pretty good distance and especially when its in between intense exercise only to go to an area to do more intense exercise, made it that much tougher...I was afraid of wearing out in the jog over. The jog was only a little over 1/2 mile but it felt so much longer at that point.
Once out at the ship yard, we did drills back and forth at the end of this pier.
- suicide sprints back and forth 5 times
- 10 jumping squats
- side shuffles back and forth 5 times
- 10 diamond push ups
- run backwards, sprint forwards 5 times
- 10 tricep dips
- Repeat whole thing, but only 3 times back and forth of each set
- Repeat again, but only 1 of each (no push up, squats, triceps)
Then...you guessed it..jog back. A bunch of people did more walking this time and I totally joined in. I really wasn't trying to be a slacker but MAN this was ROUGH!
Once back we did some abs and stretching...ahhh relief!
90 minutes and 800 calories later (just under 800 according to my Polar HRM), we were sweaty, salty, and dirty...with jelly legs.
It was one of those laughing so hard because you thought your legs might give out any moment haha.
I will say it was a GORGEOUS morning out...sunny, about 70 degrees AND we got to witness the Esmeralda (tall ship of the Chilean Navy) leaving port at the Naval Yard!! SO COOL!! The WHOLE crew was out on deck, in uniform, with their band playing and they were all singing what I'm guessing was a patriotic song. That was really a sight to see...I LOVE big ships!
I had big smoothie plans for when we got back to the apt.
I made the roomie and I a GREEN smoothie!
- 1.5c Almond Milk
- 3 big leaves of kale
- 1 frozen banana
- 5-6 frozen strawberries
- 1 spoon of Almond Butter
- ground flax (about 1 T)
- 1/2 scoop protein powder
Well I'm officially SUPER sore today as expected and can't wait to see how it is tomorrow haha. But I am totally doing this again...that's the kind of kick ass work out I need all the time.
And to add a little yumminess to this post...a little quick dinner item from the other day:
- spray pan with cooking spray (canola oil spray)
- place 1 Joseph's whole wheat organic tortilla
- sprinkle a little cheddar
- place a couple strips of grilled zucchini leftovers
- and some leftover grilled onion
- 2 slices deli BBQ chicken
- sliced avocado
- BBQ sauce
- til tortilla is crisp...
I hope you all had a great weekend! I had ANOTHER shower today haha...its getting funny at this point.
Wedding Stuff: My invites came in!! I LOVE THEM!! Can't wait to share a pic. Now I REALLY need to finalize the guest list because I am sending my envelopes off to be hand written by a calligrapher! I am not getting traditional calligraphy but this woman has the most AMAZING writing! I know it's just the envelope that people throw out, but I just think it adds that little something extra that people wouldn't notice if it wasn't done, but WOULD notice if it is done.
Back to work tomorrow :(