Trying to forget Friday’s weather ever happened…it sort of feels like Spring this weekend. Still wearing my winter coat, but it’s been sunny with milder temps and the birds are chirping away!!
Brian was brewing a batch of beer on Saturday so that meant I had the whole day to do whatever my heart desired ;)
I knew I had to buy some bridal shower and baby gifts (and maybe one or two Bridget gifts), so I needed some breakfast fuel!
I channeled The Fitnessista and decided on some Perfect Protein Pancakes, seeing as how I recently ordered a bag of Sun Warrior protein powder after hearing so many people rave about it! (so far I really like it and I love that there’s no crap ingredients)
I followed her recipe, using skim milk instead of almond milk, white whole wheat flour instead of the gluten-free baking mix, an no stevia.
Made 2 perfect personal pancakes
and a side of fresh pineapple!
Yes, you can taste the protein powder so it’s important that you like the protein powder you use! My first bite was..eh (I’m not really used to the flavor yet), but by the end I really liked them!!
Especially with a smear of PB and a drizzle of real maple syrup!
These definitely had staying power and kept me full all morning! It was a successful shopping trip, and a few cashews and half of a Luna Bar kept me going until early afternoon. I picked up some fixings for lunch at Trader Joes and came home for this masterpiece
- Multi-grain British muffins
- creamy goats cheese spread
- Wild Coho smoked salmon
- red onion
- (all items from TJ’s)
Seltzer with grapefruit slices As Brian dives into more complex beer brewing, it takes him longer… The whole processes took him about 9 hours! So I’m glad he got an early start because I was really in the mood to go out for dinner.
I had a SWEET Eversave coupon I desperately wanted to use.
A few weeks ago they had one that was $20 for $40 worth of food at Antico Forno…my FAVORITE restaurant in the North End. Hands Down.
Clearly I did not hesitate to make the purchase, and it was made even sweeter when I realized I had a $10 credit and found a $3 coupon code.
$7 for $40 at Antico Forno. Hells Yes! It gets even better as we drove right into the city, found a street spot nearby, and after being told our wait would be 35-40 minutes, our buzzer buzzed about 5 min later!!
Then we split my most favorite salad ever EVER!
FOCACCINA CON CAPRINO
Flat aromatic bread topped with mixed green salad, goat cheese, fresh roasted cherry tomatoes and grilled zucchini
**the photo above is actually from an old post, as I didn’t get a good one from last night. Usually I’m good with the salad and maybe an appetizer, but since we had the coupon I went for an entre figuring I’d have leftovers (I do!) I went with the:
LINGUINE AL FRUTTI DI MARE
Linguine pasta with clams, mussels, calamari and shrimp sautéed in a plum tomato sauce baked in parchment paper.
Uh-mazing. I don't know what they put in that sauce…looked just like cherry tomatoes, but it tastes incredible. I ate all the seafood, a little pasta, and packed the rest to go.
Sunday. I wanted to wake up early…and got my wish. I set my alarm for around 7 (early for a weekend), and apparently while pushing buttons I managed to screw with the time.
Didn’t realize it was 6:15 until I got downstairs!
Oh well I was up. I wanted to make muffins and prepped some of my ingredients the night before…
The rest of the day was more shopping (including a useless trip to IKEA, which is SO annoying).But my mood lifted when we got to another of my destinations. Since we were down near the south shore I was dying to try PINKBERRY!
After hearing about it for years, I finally get to try the brand that started it all.
Mine: Small with original and mango side-by-side. Toppings: coconut, blueberries, raspberries, waffle cookie, dark chocolate crispies.
Umm..1 price and as many toppings as you want??? Yes Please! (Berryline did you hear that??)
Brian opted for pomegranate and lychee side by side, with chocolate shavings, and lime (suggested to squeeze over the lychee). So refreshing!
Big fan of Pinkberry!!
Long Run Time (no worries, running happened hours after froyo!)
- We had a 7 miler today. It was hard! My legs started feeling tired and heavy during mile 3, but we had planned our route to go past our car after 4miles so we could grab a sip of water. Our water break took a little longer because I really needed to stretch. A nice down-dog really helped my legs, and we set off for our last 3 miles. Again, a little harder than we’ve felt up to this point, but we made it.
- 7 miles was the longest Brian and I had ever run!
- My speedwork this past Tuesday was also harder than usual but I powered through.
- However my other “easy runs” have been slacked on a bit. On Thursday I only ran 1.5 miles before Body Pump but I was SO pumped (pun intended) to get back to Body Pump!! We’ve had dog training class on this night for the past 2 months so I haven’t been in a long time.
- Foot pain has subsided, although I still can’t figure out what combination of sneakers + inserts help my plantar fasciitis! It’s not bad but I feel it in both arches when I run.
- I run faster with Brian. Good and Bad thing. I think it was bad today because I stared off faster than I should have…I don’t think I should be increasing my mileage and my speed at the same time! Lesson learned.
Later we had a stretching session at home and as I was sitting, a little fury friend crawled INTO my stretch!
He likes to be nice and close when we’re trying to stretch….but that’s ok by me :)
Muffin recipe still to come!
Weather is looking beautiful for Tuesday AND I have a deep tissue massage that day!! Only my second massage EVER and I am so excited!!
What are you looking forward to this week??