I’ve had some pretty quick and delicious dinners this week so I thought I’d share :)
The latest issue of Cooking Light had a whole section on apple recipes…and not just pies and baked goodies.
I didn’t have arugula or apple cider, but I did have spinach and just using plain dijon mustard was good for me.
I also added two slices of honey maple ham for some added protein.
- 1 whole wheat tortilla (I used Joseph’s low carb tortillas, not so much because they are low carb, but they are soft and low calorie)
- spread dijon mustard on the tortilla
- add pieces of brie
- 1-2 slices of ham
- sliced apple, your favorite kind…I love Macouns and Cortlands, something tart.
- place in a skillet, heated, and sprayed with canola or olive oil
- heat on medium until the tortilla starts to crisp and cheese gets melty.
- Once done, take off pan, fold over, and cut into bite size pieces!
I really enjoyed this dinner and it was super fast and easy, so much so that I easily packed it for lunch the next day and just toasted it in the office toaster oven.
I also had a small side salad with spinach, PURPLE carrots, and a dressing made with:
- cider vinegar
- olive oil
- dijon mustard
- maple syrup
I found these carrots at Wilsons…so pretty!!
Have you ever had steamed spinach with vinegar?
Doesn't sound very good to me either, but I remember having this when I was younger. I love vinegar and vinegary things…so I would only recommend it if you also love vinegar.
Plus you get to eat a lot of veggies…a whole pot of spinach cooks down to what looks like nothing! Drizzle with some vinegar and it makes a nice little side to whatever else your eating so you can get your veggies with your meal! I had this little bowl (which started as a WHOLE pot), to add to some leftover stew that was in my freezer :)
Well the last was a dinner I made myself tonight, and forgot to take a picture!! It was not very pretty so really your not missing much, but lets call this…
B’s Mexican Bean Bowl
- In a skillet sprayed with oil, heat over medium/med-high, I cooked 1 can of black beans, and a few big handfuls of fresh spinach.
- Add spices while cooking; cumin, salt, garlic powder…whatever you like!
- Meanwhile I cooked up a pack of Trader Joes brown rice…the kind that takes 1 min 30 sec in the microwave.
- Once the beans are starting to sizzle and the spinach is wilted, they are done.
- In a bowl add rice, beans/spinach, and whatever toppings you want!
- sour cream
- hot sauce
- fresh cilantro (I didn’t have any but it would of been awesome on it)
Brian wrapped this all in a tortilla to make a burrito!
But I DO have a picture of Bromley’s new collar!
How freaking cute is that! Of course it has cupcakes on it, as soon as I saw it I knew it would be perfect. Oh and I got the matching leash too ;)
‘I see you’