Like Glee last week…I feel like I’m in a funk. My hunger/eating has been out of whack the past couple days and I feel like I have nothing to write about…so this is going to be a very sporadic post, in fact I think it will be a list!
1. Just watched the season finale of Glee :) I miss my performing days!!!
2. Working later the normal the past couple days = missing workouts:( Probably part of my hunger issue.
3. Recipe for the Sesame Noodles I made for the BBQ this past weekend.
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 T Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 T Brown Sugar
- 2 T Water
- 6 T Chunky PB (the natural kind is best!)
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 6T Sesame Oil
- 1 T Hot Oil
Combine above ingredients to make sauce. I made the sauce in my mini-food processor to make mincing the garlic easier but probably would of been better in the blender.
I made this the day before. The next day I added:
- 8 oz Linguini cooked (I used Whole Wheat)
- 2 Boneless chicken breasts, cooked (I left this out as there would be meats served at the BBQ)
- 3 Scallions, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, seeded, sliced
- 1 lb asparagus, cooked (steamed) and cut into about 1” pieces, but save a few spears for the top
- 5T Sesame seeds
- I also added chopped salted peanuts as a garnish
- I forgot the water in the sauce, it still worked but I’m sure it would of been easier to mix.
- I used low sodium soy sauce as I usually do, but in this case I wish I didn't….I thought overall it could of used more salt. Also used unsalted PB, so that didn’t help either.
- Overall still Delicious!! Also very easy to make and assemble…plus it’s one of those dishes that gets better as it sits.
- Not sure about the nutritionals here, but I’d like to try and lighten this recipe perhaps!
- I Doubled it for the BBQ
4. Now watching some DVR’d So You Think You Can Dance :)
5. Started working on a cake for my friends Bridal Shower this Saturday! Can’t wait to share it…I’m going for a deep chocolate cake with a hint of orange.