First, thank you so much for your sweet comments on our wedding photo slide show!!
I’ve really wanted to share all our house adventures with you, and we’ve gotten a lot done so far!
My favorite before/after is definitely the bathroom and I will share that soon…it just needs one more thing before it’s camera ready.
However, this weekend we picked up two new furniture items for the kitchen and dining area, plus came one step closer to re-finishing our dining room table!
Here’s after some new paint:
- This is taken from the kitchen. What you don’t see is the lovely metal folding table that used to live right where the tile meets the wood…it matches the equally lovely folding chair you see on the right.
- The table with the green tablecloth is a cherry dining room table ($20 at a yard sale).
- We have been sanding it for a while now, and just stained last night. It will be ready for reveal by the end of the week!!!!
Our two new additions are the black Belmont Kitchen Island and white Windham 59” Cabinet, both from Crate and Barrel.
With the help of mom and my bestest…let the assembly begin!
I’m obsessed. It looks great, plus extra drawer, cabinet, and counter space!!
The other side has a leaf that goes up for a little extra eating space. We are going to get two stools for this side.
The beautiful Windham Cabinet:
I needed this so badly to store all the wine glass, vases, and any other various piece of glassware that I had no room for in the kitchen.
Afterwards, we moved the dining room table back down to the basement to finish staining, and right now the room looks like this!
- The dining table will be a darker walnut color, with the white chairs you see, and we will be getting two other white fabric end chairs as well. (table seats 8)
- and I still really need to get rid of those shades…they came with the house, and while serving their purpose for now, I can’t stand them. Just not my style.
Scrambled eggs, toast with Smart Balance and strawberry preserves, and homemade pumpkin spice iced coffee on the side!
SIDE NOTE: Had the best veggie pizza ever Friday from a fairly new place in the next town over from us.
Fresh broccoli, caramelized sweet onions, sautéed button mushrooms, marinated artichoke hearts, grilled asparagus, sautéed peppers, and a sprinkle of our cheese blend.
Heaven in a cardboard box.
Ok finally time for some giveaway action!
I was contacted a couple weeks ago about
This is a delicious thick soup with only 120 calories per serving. It has no artificial flavors or preservatives, and provides a full serving of vegetables in every bowl!
For those who like to COUNT calories as a means to stay on track, this giveaway is for you!
• Campbell’s V8 Garden Vegetable Blend soup;
• A Campbell’s V8 Soup Health Journal and vegetable shaped pens to keep track of your servings;
• A Flip and Tumble shopping bag to stock up on vegetables; and
• A Pedometer – to count your steps!
p.s. the red grocery bag is really sweet…it folds up into a pouch that fits in the palm of your hand!
To enter, just leave a comment about your favorite soup (recipes welcome!).
I will pick a winner at random, and the contest ends at the end of the day on Thursday, November 5th! Good Luck!