I woke up around 8am (early enough for a non-work day), had a snack then headed to the gym...I was curious to use my new HRM on the treadmill.
A few things I learned:
- I am still getting the hang of the HRM, I guess I didn't hit the button that one last time before I began because it never started my "workout" and therefore when I looked down I would see my HR but it wasn't recording! Dammit!! So I missed my first 1.5miles and it was definitely the most rigorous part of the whole workout so I am estimating based on the rest of my workout that I would of burned about 200calories. I did 40min total...about 3.4-3.6 miles? Can't remember, it was mostly running with a little walking. I recorded 256 cals, so total probably should of been 456!
- I run faster/harder outside. When I first used my HRM for an outdoors run, as soon as I went from walking to running my HR went quickly up to the 170's, where as on the treadmill it stayed more in the 160's until I was running for a longer period of time. Interesting...now I'll have to start pushing the speed up on the treadmill a little.
This morning my oats contained:
- 1/3 c. oats, 1/3 c. water, 1/3 c. milk
- 1/2 of a ripe banana
- 1 tsp pumpkin butter (stirred in at end)
- 1 T ricotta cheese (stirred in at end)
- sliced almonds and a few pieces of dried fruit (stirred in at end)
- some chopped toffee leftover from Christmas
- low fat simple cranberry granola from WF's bins
- spoon of White Chocolate PB!
My mom took off yesterday from work, and we decided to pop into the North End (Boston) for lunch. The North End is like Boston's Little Italy...and it's amazing.
I was CRAVING this particular salad from one of my Favorite restaurants...Antico Forno
I love this place, it's cozy (well they just expanded so there's more room now!), delicious, and the prices are reasonable!
Not to mention they make the most AMAZING salad EVER!!
FOCACCINA CON CAPRINO
Flat aromatic bread topped with mixed green salad, goat cheese, fresh roasted cherry tomatoes and grilled zucchini
We both could of been completely satisfied after that...but we had more food on the way.
We were going to share both items...the appetizer of:
INVOLTINI DI MELANZANE
And a pasta dish...
RIGATONI SALSICCIA E RICOTTA
topped with ricotta cheese
Seriously though...these dishes are incredible! We only ate a little of each (yay leftovers!), but the flavor is just absolutely delicious. My mouth is actually watering right now looking at the pictures...I wish I still had some!!
After our leftovers were packed up, we walked over to another North End Institution for dessert...Mikes Pastry. This places is always jam packed...and a lot of times its with tourists, but there's a reason for that. HOLY YUM DESSERTS!! Now I know many people have opinions on what the best place for pastries in the North End is...and to each his/her own, but they make my favorite cannoli and macaroons...so that's why we come here!
More on those later :)
Now it's time to run errands and do all the wonderful things that you do when your home on a weekday...clean, organize, cook...etc.